We unveiled our Retail Trader Sentiment survey, gauging investor concerns on the economy, market conditions, and crypto heading into the remainder of 2022. With its unique model, Tradier powers trading from hundreds of Active Trading platforms globally giving the firm a “Driver’s Seat” view of Retail Sentiments, Interests, Triggers and Trading behavior.
The survey, which took place last month, was sent to a randomized group of Tradier’s clients, account holders, and customer prospects.
“The retail Self-Directed Market has changed over the last five years with an additional 25M new brokerage accounts who have faced a rapid graduation effect due to the pandemic and new technology. We wanted to examine what retail traders are thinking and how they are planning to trade over the next few months,” said Dan Raju, CEO of Tradier. “This survey gave us a first-hand look at what’s in the minds of Today’s Active Retail Investor.”
Key takeaways from the survey include:
- Half of the respondents surveyed said they are concerned with the current market volatility.
- 42% of respondents said they traded “more often” since the recent market downturn.
- 38% of retail traders surveyed are anticipating bitcoin’s trading price will close the year around the high $30,000 price range.
- 55% of those surveyed rely on market resources to get their investing news, addressing a common misconception, as only 7% get their news from social media sources like
- 55% of respondents think the economy will continue to get worse for the remainder of the year.
Individuals did not receive compensation or likewise for their participation in the survey. Tradier Partners and the Media are requested to contact Tradier if they wish to know additional details and conclusions from this survey.